The Salvation Army will be accepting applications for Christmas assistance at 301 Tennessee Avenue in Charleston, from October 9th through October 13th. Applicants from Kanawha County may apply between the hours of 9 am and noon and 1 pm until 3 pm Monday through Friday.
Children ages newborn through 12 are eligible for the Angel Tree Program with approved applications. Families and Seniors are eligible for a food basket.
You will need to bring the following items;
• Photo ID for applicant,
• Proof of Residence (ie. utility bill),
• A secondary form of identification for all family members of the household,
• Birth Certificates for all children,
• Proof of income and expenses. If you receive food stamps, a copy of your award letter showing the amount is acceptable in place of proof of income and expenses.
• Accepted forms of secondary identification include: State issued drivers license, State or US government issue photo ID, US Passport, Employee ID, School ID, Health Insurance card (not Medicare), Matricula Consular ID Card, US Military ID.